Dear Friends of Gateway:
Here is your BACK-TO-SCHOOL issue of Breaking News -- the e-newsletter of the Gateway Regional School District. We are always looking for feedback and ideas to improve the newsletter, so please feel free to contact us!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "You're off to great places. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!" - Dr. Seuss
SCHOOL COMMITTEE: The School Committee will meet on Wednesday, August 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Worthington Town Hall.The public is invited and welcome to attend. The first agenda item of every school committee meeting is hearing issues that are not on the posted agenda. Please note that any questions or concerns should first be brought to the appropriate district staff member (i.e. a specific teacher, principal or Central Office staff member).
|ONLINE GRADE ACCESS FOR PARENTS: Parents/guardians of students in grades 5-12 are reminded that they can access their student's assignments, home, grades and attendance online.
FEES MAY BE PAID ONLINE: A reminder that fees for everything from athletics to replacing student I.D.'s may be paid online. Click here to get to that webpage.
SCHOOLS CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY: All Gateway schools will be closed on Monday, September 1 for the holiday. The Gateway Wellness Center and Littleville Wrap Around program will also be closed.
WELLNESS CENTER HOURS CHANGE: Effective Tuesday, September 2, the Wellness Center will be open an additional 5 hours per week, and now offers a Saturday morning yoga class.
SAVE THE DATE FOR COLLEGE WORKSHOP: Gateway seniors and their parents/guardians are invited to attend on September 25 at 6 p.m.
PRESCHOOL OPENS SEPTEMBER 9: Parents of students attending Gateway's Preschool Program are advised that classes begin on Tuesday, September 9. Additional information will go directly to those families.
WEBLINK OF THE WEEK:
KID PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE TO TEACHERS: Everybody's a teacher and everybody's a student. What are you teaching the world?
- SCHOOLS REOPEN AUGUST 28: All schools in the Gateway Regional School District open on Thursday, August 28.
- BUS SCHEDULES: Bus schedules are now posted. Please check the website for more information.
- LUNCH MENU: Meal prices remain at $1.25 for breakfast and $2.25 for elementary schools ($2.50 for grades 5-12) for lunch. Free or Reduced Meals applications are posted.
- QUICKLINKS: Click titles for the 2014-15 School Year Calendar, and for getting a head start on back-to-school Parent Forms. You can also get a jump on paying for things like parking passes, school meals and athletic fees online.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICES AVAILABLE IN THE HILLTOWNS: Hilltown Safety at Home (HS@H) provides a part-time domestic violence Advocate to hilltown residents who call 413-559-8039. If you need help in an emergency, call 911 or the Safe Passage hotline at 1-888-345-5282.
- GATEWAY SCHOOL SAFETY HOTLINE: Students, parents, staff and communitymembers are reminded that any school safety concern can be reported to our hotline by calling 685-1050.
- GATEWAY SAFE SCHOOLS PLAN: In the event of an emergency at your child's school, please do not call or drive to your child's school. We need to keep phone lines and roadways clear in an emergency. Please remain by your phone and wait for information and instructions from school staff, which will be sent using our auto-dialer. Parents are advised to keep school secretaries up-to-date with their contact information.
IN CLOSING, this week's Superintendent's Corner is now posted. This week, Dr. Hopson reports on the many staff who have been hard at work getting ready for the start of the new school year. Read the complete column for details.
Wendy V. Long, Editor
To subscribe or unsubscribe to this newsletter, send an email request to email@example.com.
“Breaking News From Gateway”
Is published weekly by the Gateway Regional School District
12 Littleville Rd.
Huntington, MA 01050
For questions or feedback, please contact Wendy Long @ (413) 685-1003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2014, Gateway Regional School District