The Gateway Regional School District will provide an exemplary education that challenges all students in an instructional setting appropriate to their needs. The primary aim of the district as established by the School Committee and the Superintendent (the governance team) is to support a consistent focus on high student achievement by individualizing instruction to meet the identified needs of each student in the areas of:
- Academic performance that reaches beyond scores on a standardized test.
- Preparing for careers and building job skills.
- Developing and using citizenship skills.
- Appreciating the performing and visual arts.
- Developing a sense of personal values and character.
- Improving personal physical health and safety.
- Understanding and appreciating the diversity of American society.
In essence we are trying to provide students with the opportunity to become well-rounded, productive, informed, and successful members of society.