Welcome to Gateway Regional School District!
At Gateway, we are committed to providing all of our students, staff, and caregivers with a personal connection to public education. Our community is small, and we take advantage of our size by creating meaningful experiences and relationships so our students can not only learn the required state curriculum standards, but also make friends, have fun, and feel a sense of belonging.
As outlined in the district's strategic plan, we are focused on three primary areas:
- Providing a strong, unwavering focus on high-quality teaching and learning;
- Fostering a safe and supportive environment for all Gateway students to belong and thrive;
- Connecting to our larger community and honoring that partnership.
I am proud to lead our amazing school community. We have a wonderful staff who are committed to providing our students with opportunities to grow and learn. If you would like to connect or have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out or schedule a meeting with me! I look forward to collaborating with you to support our Gateway students! Go Gators!
Kristen Smidy, Superintendent
Business and Financial Services
Welcome to the Gateway Regional School District Business Office. The Gateway Regional School District Business Office is dedicated to supporting the instructional programs of the district as well as providing financial oversight for all of the district’s local, state and federal funds.
The Gateway Regional Business Office is responsible for the following:
- Development of the district’s operational budget for the School Committee
- Financial monitoring of the district’s programs and grants budgets
- Procurement of all materials, supplies and contracted services
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Safety and Security
- Food Service
- Completion of the district’s audited Annual Report with the Massachusetts Department of Education
- Completion of the district’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Financial reporting to the School Committee
- The Business Services Office is committed to providing current financial information to the district administrators to enable them to make the appropriate decisions to benefit student learning and school operation.
Finance Office Contacts & Major Areas of Responsibility
Stephanie Fisk Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations
- Finance & Accounting
- Food Service
- Grants Management
- Personnel Leave (illness, vacation, personal, etc.)
- Safety & Security
Deborah Kuhn District Treasurer
- MTRB & Related Retirement Information
- Worker's Compensation
- Health Insurance & Benefits
- Tax Information
Scott Caron Accounts Payable
- Purchase Orders
- Invoice Payment
- W-9 Information
- 1099 Information
Deborah Burkott Transportation Coordinator
- Student Transportation